Sunday, December 27, 2009

Music

My new favourite blog...http://soundonsound.tumblr.com/

It is authored by Dan Yemin. For those who do not know that name...shame on you. Danny is one of my heros and has been is two of the most influential bands in my short life, Lifetime and Paint in Black. He is a local Philadelphian and I've seen him and talked to him a couple times around the city and he is one of the nicest people I've encounter.

Getting off subject in my rambling praise of Mr. Yemin. So, Mr. Yemin has recently started a blog,about parenting and music, after his first child was born In it he discusses his worries, challenges, and possible solutions to raising his child as well as the different music his has introduced his child's young ears to.


And with each musical selection he writes a brief summary about the importance of the selection and why he choose why he believes his daughters' young ears should be exposed to it.

I love reading things of this nature because I think our generation has lost what makes music important.(Which I'm sure every generation before me has said the same thing)

Music is one of the greatest, simplest and most popular art mediums ever created. Everyone listens to music from the children to our grandparents. but the reasons for why we listen to music is so varied. A simple question to people is why do you listen to a specific piece of music?

We should each be able to listen to a song/record we like and articulate the importance of it. And if you can't immediately you need to look interopectively about what moves you about that specific type of music. And if you still can't do that you should stop listening to that music!

No comments:

Post a Comment