Thursday, September 9, 2010

Do you remember THIS Against ME!?

I do! Being at home on vacation leaves me a lot of time to go through my old record/DVD collection and I was able to dust of my Against Me! DVD "We're Never Going Home"

And goddammit Against Me! was a fucking amazing band. You just felt lucky to watch those 4 dudes rip up a stage for a hour leaving you breathless and unable to speak.

But not only were their live shows top notch but Tom Gabel was a true lyricist and the passion he put into each of those early records were beyond anything I've ever heard before and since.

I truly do feel old writing this but being at home makes me nostalgic and this song still kills.

"And there's no need to shit talk or impress
'Cause honesty and emotion are not looked down upon"

-Tom Gable

No comments:

Post a Comment